Understanding Your Vehicle's Specs
Common Car Specs Explained in Huntsville, AL
Thinking of buying a car but are overwhelmed by all the technical terms? At Bentley Hyundai, we can guide you through the key specs you need to know, like horsepower, MPG, and torque. Our guide is comprehensive and easy to understand, so you can decide which vehicle is perfect for you.
Commuter Vehicle Specs to Consider
One factor you should consider when looking for a vehicle is fuel efficiency. If you regularly commute to work, you’ll want to find a vehicle with good fuel estimates. The type of vehicle determines how the efficiency will be measured; for example, if you drive a gas-powered vehicle, then the fuel efficiency is measured in miles per gallon (MPG), and if you drive an electric vehicle, it’ll be measured in miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe).
- MPGe – The electric vehicle measures its efficiency by the available energy for traveling.
- MPG – The gas-powered vehicle determines its fuel efficiency by the miles the vehicle can travel.
Performance Vehicle Specs to Know
Another factor to consider is a vehicle's performance, such as how easily it can pass another vehicle or merge on the highway. Check out these key performance terms to help you decide which vehicle meets your needs.
- Zero-60 – How quickly your vehicle goes from zero to 60 miles per hour.
- Engine Size – The number of cylinders in the engine determines the size of the engine.
- Horsepower – The power produced by the engine to accelerate a vehicle.
- Torque – The turning and twisting force that the engine has.
- Engine Type – This refers to whether a gas, electric, or diesel engine powers the vehicle.
Transmission and DriveTrain
- Manual Transmission – The driver uses the stick and clutch to switch gears manually.
- Automatic Transmission – The vehicle automatically switches gears without the driver's help.
- AWD (All Wheel Drive) – All four wheels receive equal power, which helps improve traction when traveling on rough terrain.
- RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) – The rear wheels receive the power, which helps in high-performance vehicles.
- FWD (Front Wheel Drive) – The front wheels receive the power.
Towing and Cargo
- Towing Capacity – The towing capacity refers to the amount of weight a vehicle can tow.
- Payload – The payload is the maximum weight of cargo and passengers that the vehicle can haul.
- Curb Weight – The weight of the vehicle when it is empty.
Agility and Ground Clearance
- Agility – The vehicle's ability to maneuver and turn in tight parking spots or roads.
- Ground Clearance – The amount of room between the ground and the bottom of the vehicle.
Shop for a New Vehicle at Bentley Hyundai
Looking for a new vehicle but don't know where to begin? The Bentley Hyundai dealership, located at 3805 University Drive, Huntsville, AL, 35816, can help. Our knowledgeable staff will assist you in understanding what specifications to look for in a vehicle that fits your needs. Visit us today to let us help you find the perfect vehicle.