Guide to Hyundai Safety & Assistance Features
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features on Hyundai
Enhancing your driving experience, Hyundai's vehicles are equipped with Hyundai SmartSense, a cutting-edge safety and driver-assistance feature that acts as an extra pair of eyes on the road. With this advanced technology, Hyundai vehicles are now safer and easier to handle, making your daily commute a breeze. If you're curious to learn more about Hyundai SmartSense, keep on reading.
Hyundai SmartSense Features
All new Hyundai vehicles come equipped with a package of safety and driver-assistance features called Hyundai SmartSense. This package includes ultrasonic sensors, radars, and cameras that work together to make your daily commute more convenient. To learn more about what's included in Hyundai SmartSense, see the list of features below:
- High Beam Assist – Your vehicle will detect the headlights of an approaching vehicle and will automatically turn on and off your high beams.
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist – This feature will monitor your blind spot when you activate your turn signal. If a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, your vehicle will automatically apply the right and left front brakes to prevent an accident.
- Lane Keeping Assist – Your vehicle will detect the lane markings. If the vehicle begins to drift in and out of the lane, it will alert the driver using visual and audio signals and take corrective action to keep the vehicle in the lane.
- Blind-Spot View Monitor – A live video will display your blind spot on the digital instrument cluster so you can see any vehicles potentially in your blind spot before changing lanes.
- Driver Attention Warning – If your vehicle doesn’t detect you being attentive or alert, it will alert the driver that it is time to stop the vehicle and rest.
- Lane Following Assist – When taking a curve, the vehicle will detect the lane markings and keep your vehicle centered in the lane.
- Forward-Collision Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection – If a forward collision is imminent, the vehicle will alert the driver, and if corrective action is not taken, emergency braking will be applied.
In addition to their impressive safety record, Hyundai cars come loaded with various additional safety features, including:
- Safe Exit Warning – When your vehicle is parked, it will use radars to detect approaching vehicles and alert exiting passengers.
- Rear Occupant Alert – The vehicle will monitor your back seat area and remind you to check for children and pets before exiting.
- Parking Distance Warning – Front and Reverse – Using sensors on the rear and front bumpers, the vehicle will monitor the surrounding area and alert you if you are getting too close to an object.
- Surround View Monitor – A bird's eye view of your vehicle shows surrounding areas and is beneficial when parking so you can avoid collisions.
Have Peace Of Mind with the Hyundai SmartSense
Explore Hyundai SmartSense and other safety features by visiting Bentley Hyundai. Our team is readily available to assist you with any questions regarding your Hyundai car's safety features. We look forward to your visit.